The first thing that pops into my head when I think of Orlando is VACATION! Orlando may not be a beachfront town, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have waves of fun when visiting the Central Florida area. Why not tailor your vacation time around one of the amazing events happening in the area and feed your passion at the same time.
1. SeaWorld turns 50 – This year marks the 50th anniversary of SeaWorld and they’re inviting YOU to their SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration. Don’t miss the all new Shamu® Show to a Surprise Squad with fun prizes and surprises throughout the park. Check out the animal encounters and make sure to stay for the evening fireworks before heading back to relax with a drink in front of the outdoor firepit at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld.
2. Pies, pies, and more pies – Celebration, FL turns into the pie capital of the world this April 26-27th when thousands descend on the small town to bake and taste their favorite pastry treat. The merriment kicks off with entertainment straight from Las Vegas and culminates with the award ceremonies. Of course, there’ll be plenty of ice cream to go with your tasty treat at the Great American Pie Festival.
3. It’ll be music to your ears – LITERALLY, when you grab your tickets to this year’s Florida Music Festival. From April 24 – 26th you’ll enjoy over 200 bands on 10 stages in 3 nights. Passes start at only $10, so grab your dancing shoes and head to Orlando’s premiere music fest.
4. Topiaries, flowers & plants, oh my – April showers bring May flowers and the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival along with HGTV is the spot for budding horticulturists to ooh and ahh over the beautiful floral displays and fun topiaries. Learn from your favorite HGTV stars how YOU can bring the outdoors in, or create the garden of your dreams. This year’s festival runs through May 18th.
5. Life is a Cabaret – You’ll be Broadway bound without having to pay New York prices at the Orlando Cabaret Festival. Whether you love the sounds of Steven Sondheim, cool jazz sounds, or some good American Pop, this festival has you covered. Pop in for their Mother’s Day Cabaret Brunch and surprise mom with a lunch of tapas at Ceviche followed by a 2:00 pm show. You’ll be back in plenty of time to lounge by the beautiful Orlando World Center Marriott pool before enjoying your dinner at Siro.